Thursday, October 19, 2006

Trick Or Treatment



AAaaaaarrgggghhhhhh!
What a grandfather won't do for his grandkids.
THAT was last year. I have no idea what I shall be this Halloween. I do not have the long hair anymore. I got the long locks cut off as part of an agreement with my mother-in-law. She was diagnosed with lung cancer and didn't want to get the chemotherapy nor the radiation treatments, so I bargained with her. I told her that if she would agree to get the treatments, that I would donate my 16 inches of hair to "Locks Of Love". As it was, she went to her first treatment and I went to get my haircut. She is doing pretty good today, after a summer full of treatments, the doctor's say that the cancer mass is gone. She has beaten cancer three times now in her life. Her great-grandchildren have her around a little longer now. In the meantime, my hair keeps growing back, except that it's more grey now than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment