Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Punta Cana Vacation Part Five

I am one of the most fortunate people on the planet.

That's a pretty big statement but hear me out on this. I am not a perfect person and I fail miserably at many things. I make alot of mistakes. In spite of it all, I remain happily married to the love of my life and I have great kids and grandkids. Of all the things a person could ask for in life, I only wanted to have my wife and an intact family. Everything else that has happened to come my way over the years has been a plus........a gift..........a blessing. So there I found myself standing on the beach in Punta Cana at the Iberostar Bavaro surrounded by paradise. What could I say or do? Maybe jump for joy?..........scream?........stand there in shock and awe? I chose to stand there and raise my arms and let out a big "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!". I didn't see anyone else doing that. Maybe they had already done that while I was busy roaming around the other parts of the resort.

The Iberostar Bavaro in Punta Cana is one heck of a place. I just cannot say enough about this place so I shall continue with describing my experiences there.


The main building is somewhat spread out and is where you find the lobby, the buffet restaurant, shops, specialty restaurants, bar/lounge, and entertainment stage.......all connected. Immediately surrounding this building is water.....a lagoon. The other side of this lagoon is the where the bungalows are. As I think about it.........perhaps "bungalows" is a poor choice of words for the individual buildings throughout the permises. A better word would be "villas".........yeah.....that'll do it.


Ever see those plastic pink flamingoes that people put on their lawns? I recently read where the company that manufactures them will be discontinuing them. That won't be a problem for the Bavaro, they have the real deal and the real deal is absolutely stunning.


The pink flamingoes practically pose for you.


Pink Flamingoes, egrets, several kinds of ducks roam throughout the lagoon areas. Many kinds of birds also hang out in the trees and shrubs.


You just gotta love this.


A bowl of food sits near the water. I must mention the water you see in the photo. In that water are all sorts of fish.....big and small.


They just go about their business and don't seem to mind the crazy guy with the camera.


There are several fountains in the lagoon areas as well. I would love to have this as my backyard.


All of these scenes are right before your eyes, whether you are walking along the breezeways, paths, or dining in the restaurants. In the evening you can hear many toads croaking away. I am at a loss for words to describe the sounds you will encounter by the lagoon. If they did not have a beach, all of this would have sufficed. You do alot of walking and you just don't mind it at all....there are so many things to absorb.

Stay tuned for Part Six.......

No comments:

Post a Comment