Wednesday, August 12, 2009

30th Wedding Anniversary

It was 30 years ago on July 18th, 1979, that the greatest thing that ever happened to me happened. I had been, and still am, completely smitten with a girl from Ohio. When I first saw her I knew she was the one. It didn't matter if she saw me that way......all I knew was that I could never let this one ever get away. Although we had a simple wedding ceremony at the courthouse in Baltimore, this was the defining moment in my life.

And here we are on July 18th, 2009..........untold numbers of children and grandchildren increased the surface population as a result of our marriage.......hehehe.....just kidding.......four kids and their own offspring later. That girl from Ohio looks fantastic after all those years........while I am......uhhhh.........look at the picture.....it speaks for itself.......hehehe. That girl is Supernurse and I am Signtopia and I am the luckiest and most blessed man on the planet.

A party was held at my daughter Annie Warbuck's mansion. Good friends, eyewitnesses, and co-workers were invited along with our now grown-up rugrats.

Dean Martin and The Murf and Murf's wife Mrs Murf were there.

And here is the other Murf and Mrs. Murf.......hehehe......maybe I should call him "Sam Adams" to avoid confusion.

Throw an anniversary party and a baseball game breaks out........go figure. While Dean Martin attempted to loosen up his rigor mortis by pitching............

.......the rest of the Uncle Murray Band posed for pictures.

As it was......it was a great day and I am grateful that after 30 years I was able to celebrate with the best bunch of guys at least within a ten mile radius.....hehehe......seriously though, these guys are my "brothers" and they mean far more to me than even they realize.

Now that the party is over Me and Supernurse will have to figure out how many oxygen tanks, wheelchairs and cases of Ensure we will have to order for our 50th anniversary.

As I think about it, I have been with Supernurse for more of my life than I have lived without her...........in this day it is a rare thing that anyone can say that. I have no regrets and would do it all over again exactly the same way................well.........except for maybe........nahhhhhh......no exceptions.

Supernurse, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment