Monday, September 10, 2007

Oh Geez, Here We Go Again

You wake up on a Monday morning.......just another Monday.......but today, there was a certain smell in the air.

Oh yeah, that was the smell alright......and it got stronger as the day went on. First, I wake up and get the newspaper............I need to try starting my day some other way...........and on the front page I see "O'Malley is pressing for increasing taxes"..............just what I needed to hear. That stinks. It's about time we put these moron politicians out of business and force the FairTax on them.

And of course, this was the day before the primary election in Baltimore.........the stench is getting stronger now. Tomorrow, Baltimore will be ripe with stink.

At this point I am really looking forward to the Ravens game. But wait.........I get some late breaking news about my beloved Orioles.............Jay Gibbons implicated for steriods!.......Ha!.....like none of us could tell?..........maybe now they will get rid of that positionless moron once and for all. Sadly, it was just another nail in the Oriole coffin.......these "Birds" are infected with stink.


It was gametime, and I tuned into ESPN. Right off the bat I could sense an apparent bias coming forth from the spew of the announcers of the game. There was Jaworski, some other guy, and someone named Cornhole or something. This was a bad sign.

The game started on the wrong foot for the Ravens......they played terribly and injuries were happening at an alarming rate...........but all of that aside, I was paying attention to the coverage by ESPN. I noticed an awful lot of camera shots zooming in on Billick as he was communicating the plays to the quarterback. No big deal except that it was very obvious that they were not doing that when the Bengal offense was on the field. This kind of stuff stinks to high heaven. Now don't get me wrong here...........I ain't crying foul or whining that the game is unfair.........but these kind of obvious shenanigans need to stop....it will hurt the game for the fans. We expect a fair playing field and nothing less.


To add insult to injury.....after a fairly surprising toe to toe match as a whole, it looks like the Ravens might be able to pull off a win...........Palmer and his Bengals seemed to be asleep the second half. Boller comes in the game.......McNair is hurt and Boller tosses a touchdown pass to Heap......but NOOOooooooooooooo.......some official tosses a flag and says there was interference...........Bullhockey! The official made a mistake which was obvious after looking at the replays. After some bizarre officiating, the Ravens somehow end up with a first down on about the ten yard line. I am no coach...I am just a fan........but even both of my dogs would know that the Ravens needed to keep the ball on the ground for four downs and tie the game up with a TD. Running the ball was the no-brainer option. Give it to Musa Smith......he did it earlier!

But Nooooooooo, some knucklehead (Billick) calls for some passing plays out of Boller...........I am thinking Billick's meds have worn off at this point. I wouldn't let Boller toss a bone to a dog much less toss a ball in such important series of plays crucial to the Ravens......but Noooooooo........this is what I am watching on my tv! We deserved to lose this game, yes.......but the Bengals did not deserve a win either. This kind of stuff happening makes you wonder if these games are somehow fixed in some way. A paid official..........poor calls..........cameras zooming in on your play caller........and ultimately a coach ordering Boller to toss the ball.......... More stink.

The icing on this stink cake came when after the game, I logged onto the internet and checked the Drudge Report. I ran across a tidbit of news that a certain Democrat candidate for President of the United States appeared on Syrian television during a visit to Syria recently. The stink meter has reached its peak now....................would you like to see what stink looks like?

Here.......have a look.........

This little weasel is a traitor, in my humble opinion, and he needs to go away. If he likes Syria so much, maybe he ought to live there and get the hell out of our lives.

The bus is coming folks.............

..........strangely, I cannot see a driver..........unless it's Sheila Dixon without a smile on her face.

Until tomorrow............

No comments:

Post a Comment