Thursday, December 07, 2006

Spirits

A cold front has moved in and the sky.........well......it was another piece of God's artwork.

There is no doubt now that winter is almost here. It takes a little getting used to. The wind is finishing off the few leaves that remain and the trees are left to stand there naked and cold.


Speaking of trees........... This tree, though, is far from naked now. It is looking pretty good this year. Soon the presents will surround it........and before you know it, it will be time to put it all away.


Speaking of putting things away..........these will be put away long before that tree........hehehe.

Last night I baked a double batch of chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips.........and you gotta know that they are delicious. I followed the recipe from the wrapper of the Reese's Peanut Butter Chips. Needless to say, everyone likes them.

Speaking of "liking" stuff..............my grandaughter was liking just about everything today. She is oblivious to the tough times that have come our way these past days. Having her around has helped. She has a way of making everyone think about something else.


Speaking of "thinking about something else".................I can explain those antlers. Just about all of us had a set of them tonight. As it was, my sister-in-law showed up bearing gifts........antlers for everyone! It was a cheerful gesture...........it lightened things up here in the house. Her mom had a rough 24 hours and it was taking a toll on my wife...........and upon notification of that fact, all of the kids and my wife's sister showed up for support. If I can say anything at all about this.....it would have to be that I am very proud of my kids. It is times like these that confirm that you must have done something right.

And speaking of doing things right..............God sent me the angel that is my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment