Thursday, December 09, 2010

Riviera Maya Vacation - Part Five

I know....I know.......I know.........I have been slacking........I still haven't finished writing about the trip to Mexico and here we are with Christmas fast approaching. I have been somewhat busy doing stuff like painting those crab shells that I have accumulated this past year. I will write about that at another time.........yes, they will be for sale.......and yes, they will not be anything near as bad as you might have seen on the internet.....hehehe........but I am not kidding.

Okay, back to the vacation. The Grand Palladium Resort in Mexico has a church on the premises. Imagine that............suppose you have reached your limit of basking in the sun and getting so soaked that your fingers and toes look like wrinkled raisins or prunes......ugggh.....and let's say you are having a religious moment.....no, not THAT kind of religious moment!.......but the kind where you just want to meditate and pray and thank God that you are vacationing at this phenomenal place........well.........here is where you go:

It is a very small church nestled in a somewhat secluded spot.......from what I have observed both times that I have been there it seems as if the grand majority of guests either are too busy with other things or they just haven't ventured to this particular spot of the complex. Me?......I just so happened to see it every day..........not because I am some religious freak that has to get "religious" every hour on the hour......no......I had to walk past the church to get to the lobby area.....not to mention the Sports Bar.
The name is odd.........can you figure out what it says?.............I couldn't.......It is all Greek to me, which is bad because it is Spanish. The senora word was obvious.......everything else.....I had no clue. So what does a dude from Baltimore do?.......naturally, you ask a bartender......hehehe.....so I asked a bartender in the Sports Bar..........well he didn't speak very good English but from what I could get out of him the name of the church translates into something like "Our Lady Of The Snow"! Snow?.....yeah.........hmmm......this could actually make sense......what with all of that blue agave right next to the church.........could be a tequila thing......the more tequila....the more snow.

Needless to say, this place is beautiful........as it should be.








I hope you enjoyed the photos of the church........now get busy and start praying for me so that I can go there again some day in the future............hehehe.........just kidding........even though it is not a bad idea.

One of the experiences that everybody has at this resort is absolutely awesome.........when you enter the waters of the Caribbean, the fish come and say hello.........well........maybe they ain't saying that.......maybe they want to eat the hairs off of your legs...........or maybe they are just hungry..........so many people bring some bread or rolls and feed the fish..........they seem to love and appreciate it and they will follow you around wherever you go as long as you keep giving them some bread crumbs. One picture does not do any justice here..........so here are a couple of short videos that I took........notice how clear the water is:






Okay......that is it for today.....more to come in a day or two or sooner,

Feel free to comment or ask questions........or simply to say "hello".

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment