Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Signtopia Says......


Howdy everybody!

Gee whiz it is June already! Much has been done and much yet to do.

Here's what is on my mind today........

Regarding Hillary Clinton..........I have been watching the news reports about the Democratic Primary Presidential Campaign and here we are at the alleged end of the line. It has been reported that Barack Obama has enough delegates to take to the convention and that Hillary will have to concede........hmmmm. It has also been reported that the Clinton campaign will be requesting that the Obama contingent pay for some of her campaign debt........hmmmm. It has been obvious that the "left-wing" media has been touting Obama as their man for President for quite some time......hmmm. Here is my take on all of this.

Personally neither Obama nor Hillary could convince me to vote for them.....not even if they offered me some money or promised to end world hunger..........hey......sometimes I enjoy being hungry. It seems to me that if Hillary was serious about really wanting the job as President and was determined to get that job and meant everything she has been saying on the campaign trail, then she would have to realize that the Democrat vote is split and that Obama has NOT had anything near a landslide victory. This means that she has at least as much a chance of winning in the general election as Obama does. Having said that, she also has to realize that her own party of Democrats has pretty much stabbed her in the back throughout this campaign. If she has been a "leader" of the democrat party, you sure couldn't tell it from boneheads like Ted Kennedy or Nancy Pelosi. So the message to Hillary is..............she needs to tell the Democratic Party where to shove it, and march forward and run for president as an independent candidate. If she does this, she still might not win, however, if she does indeed run as an Independent candidate she will be shoving her entire pantsuit up the ass of the Democrats.......a little payback.....because this would pretty much guarantee a victory for the Republican John McCain. I would have far more respect for Hillary if she played hardball and showed the intestinal fortitude and gall to become an Independent. How quickly everyone forgets how the Democratic Party dropped Joe Lieberman like a hot potato.....and he ran for office as an Independent and beat the Democrats in an election. Good for him.

Regarding Obama..............maybe you should read what I have written in the past about him. If he wins the general election and becomes president, it's all over folks.............stick a fork in this country. Perhaps I will go into detail in the future.

Regarding John McCain.........maybe he is a nice guy, maybe he ain't..........but I contend that he is our only alternative unless somebody pops up out of nowhere worth voting for.

Who would have ever thought?


Whenever I see John McCain........I keep waiting to see if Art Garfunkel stands next to him and starts singing.

Yep...........John McCain..........Paul Simon...............what can I say?

I remember watching those old Blondie and Dagwood movies as a kid. They were hilarious. Remember?.......it was Penny Singleton that played Blondie..........

..........and Hollywood screwed up big time when they didn't notice how much Cybil Sheppard looks like Penny Singleton. She would have been perfect as Blondie if they had remade some of those old films. They could have even came up with new stories about Blondie........but you and I know that Hollywood hasn't been able to come up with any new stories about anything in the past 20 years.

Since I mentioned Art Garfunkel...............whenever I see a picture of him I think of.....

........Larry Fine of the Three Stooges.

Let me tell you a story about Whoopie Goldberg. I remember that several years back she had been filming a movie in the Baltimore area and I just so happened to be walking past the Tremont Hotel and saw a large tour bus parked in front. I continued walking past and wondered whose bus it could be..........and as I approached the front entrance to the hotel, out comes Whoopie Goldberg and she looked at me, and I looked at her and I continued walking up the sidewalk. After about ten or so steps I looked back to see if she was getting on that tour bus. When I looked back........I saw her looking at me. Surely I did not look familiar to her...........then again, at that time I didn't look like Ted Danson either......hehehe.......oh well........I kept walking. Maybe she was stunned that I didn't pester her for an autograph......hehehe.

Now.......whenever I see Whoopie on television it is like seeing music producer Nile Rodgers.

And whenever I see Nile Rodgers............it is like seeing Whoopie. Go Figure!

Oh well......that's enough for today.

Until next time........keep smiling.........it's the END OF THE WORLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment