Friday, May 30, 2008

Legacy

If you have been reading this blog at all, surely you can understand why I say that I am not only the luckiest man on the planet........but......also truly blessed. My primary goal in life has been to have a family.........and by golly I have accomplished exactly that. It has been no easy ride.....no piece of cake......a real challenge.........sometimes even a harrowing experience. All of that and yet it has been my pleasure to do my share to increase the surface population.

Countless school visits........programs, ceremonies, performances along with more than a few confrontations with principals and teachers regarding their own ineptness at educational expertise. Hey.......I have an excuse.....but THEY are supposed to have credentials.........you know what I mean.

Unbelievably busy schedules where it seemed like we were booked so solid that sometimes there wasn't enough time to read the newspaper while on the toilet.......hehehe...........always on the run here and there.

Just about everything that was done was for the kids. They were the priority. Sometimes you wish you could relive alot of the experience just so you can slow things down and absorb what was taking place. Thankfully, I did take alot of video and snapshots throughout it all, and I often look back and say to myself, "What was I thinking!?".......hehehe. After I am long dead and gone, I have to know that a part of me will continue on through my kids. I am sure of that. For better or worse.............good with the bad................and I like that fact. I would imagine that if anyone had a family that was perfectly perfect it would be rather irritating. Imagine having kids that were always right to the extent that they would always be pointing out when you are wrong about stuff................Hey!.......I am entitled to be wrong about stuff! There is a certain glory in having been wrong about something and then correcting that wrong............accomplishment in the face of all odds against you kind of stuff.

So here is my legacy..........the kids...........imperfect, yet EXACTLY what I wanted and needed.

Yep........I have done good.

And the legacy continues on............

.........Look at all the little fartknockers!

No comments:

Post a Comment