Monday, November 12, 2007

Jamaica Part 5 - Sunset At The Palms

Sometimes pictures make stuff look better than it truly is. And sometimes pictures never seem to do some things any justice. What is seen by your own eyes is the only truth and reality there is. The pictures I have taken here in Jamaica are the best I can come up with. None of these are carefully thought out or even remotely resembling anything professional............just snapped on the fly, so to speak. If my camera saw what I saw.......then there you go.

The Sunset At The Palms resort in Negril, Jamaica is a quiet all-inclusive resort. It is also somewhat smaller than most........but that's a good thing.......not everyone likes disneyesque places. If you like natural settings, flowers, trees, peaceful surroundings, and cannot stand the claustrophic style of packed dining and beaches.....then this is the place to be. Upon arriving here......I look at the entrance sign......unaware of what it indicated and represented.......I was soon to remember all of my years creating signs for businesses. Those signs had a purpose and meaning. Sometimes subtle and sometimes flagrant and in your face. This sign was proper.

The entrance to the resort has a gate. Not just anyone may enter.....there is a security guard in the little room. The path to the left takes us to the beach. I passed through here rather often during the week I was there. I understand the need for the guard....especially after having seen how life in general is on this island nation..........yet I never once felt threatened in any way, shape, or form. Sometimes you read reports of vacationers to Jamaica that have experienced problems of criminal nature.......but while these things can happen, they can happen anywhere you find yourself.....even at home. It is wise for any vacationer to be aware of his surroundings and use some common sense.


It is my intention to show you some images of Sunset At The Palms that you might not find elsewhere.....unless you actually go there yourself. If you seek more information about this resort, you ought to visit their website at www.sunsetatthepalms.com.
The front entrance of this place is lush with foliage. You would never guess it is a hotel of any sort.

There are walkways throughout the resort, which lead to the "treehouse" style rooms. Each building holds two rooms and those rooms are elevated above ground. In this picture, you can see the drainage system in place here.

Very peaceful...........and much to look at. Various species of trees and plants throughout and are identified with placards placed next to each. The majority of the flowers I spotted, I had never seen before. And this place is very clean and well kept.


Hey........that's my room!

Wouldn't you enjoy walking here every day? I did........and I am not much of a walker.

I walked throughout the ground..........sucking it all in. I was also taking advantage of what good weather we had........that storm system was reported to have stalled a bit and ventured back towards us...........Gotta seize the moments!

There is a Far Eastern touch to the decor here. Mixed with tropics........a good match.

I really like palms...........there is something about them that does something for me..........I could live right here, no problem.

Each of the "treehouses" has its own porch. This is the view from my porch looking right. A small table with two chairs. With all of the foliage surrounding, there is a large sense of privacy.

Looking left from our porch.........an outdoor bed!.........imagine sitting here reading or doing puzzles......or even just snoozing. To be honest with you........me and Supernurse never really utilized the porch other than to dry our swimsuits or occasionally stand there and look around. We were far too busy with other things......hehehehe......like the beach.

It was stunning and we had never been anywhere like this.

Hardwood flooring...........very nice. The double doors led to the porch........but HEY!.....look at the glass on those doors.............they are a bit naked aren't they?............okay, okay.......you have no idea of what I am trying to get at here............well, it just so happens to be Halloween and Halloween decorations are in order!

Ahhhhhhhh..............just like home......hehehehe...........our friend Nurse Stickemoften brought some Halloween cling-ons and shared some with us. I put them up right away. You would never know it was Halloween at this resort, if not for these cling-ons.
See the towel hanging on the chair?.........I wasn't kidding. We had brought two citronella candles with us............they are on the table in the picture.........we never used them. I left them for the next people that show up.
Enough for now.
Next Up: Jamaica Part 6 - Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment