Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year! 2010

To quote Todd Rundgren, "Here we are again at the start of the end.........but there's more."

After looking back.......way back.......and reminiscing........it is hard to believe we find ourselves at the start of the year 2010............wow........I just never imagined or even thought of what it would be like. As it turns out, while there are so many things that we have today that are great and useful to our lives, sadly there are way too many things that are just plain disgusting. How can we all do as Baltimore Mayor Sheila Dixon says and "Move forward" while there is so much that is turned upside down and going backwards?

In my own personal life, I have only a few regrets and if I had everything to do over again I probably would not want to change much. Could life have been better?.........sure.........Could I have done things differently?..........probably so..........but everything could have been different if we all weren't busy being screwed by our politicians all of these years. While we were all so busy getting on with life and not paying much attention, the politicians and our government as a whole have been on a course setting up our demise......slowly and surely. Now, in 2010......the pace seems to be hurried and not so slow as it has been before. Giant steps backward have taken place and the sad thing about it is that each and every one of us share some of the blame for it for not paying attention and leaving all sorts of doors open for the corruption and ridiculousness that we have today in our world.

Sure, I could probably try to put together a list of all sorts of stuff that fit the mold here as examples...........but I really don't think I need to be the one to point out all of the details for you.......just pay a little more attention folks and you can't miss the obvious with your own eyes and ears. What I will do, though, is offer up a few of my own New Years resolutions.........not that those can or will be accomplished.......or that anyone actually cares what Ole Signtopia wants to do as if what I do is all that important or interesting...........hmmmmm........well......apparently there are a few people and I know this because I do have more than just a few that actually follow this blog.

So here we go............

Signtopia's New Year's Resolutions 2010:

1. Push for the Fair Tax plan as proposed by Neal Boortz. The Fair Tax plan makes good sense and now, more than ever, we need it badly. Can this be done?........only if everybody steps up to the plate and demands it. We all want what is fair.......right?...........but we might need my next resolution accomplished first in order to get this one.

2. Tighten the reins........as if there are any........on the existing politicians and hold them accountable. Why should we let them do things and get away with their shenanigans and reward them with re-elections? I personally plan to do my part by voting each and every one of them out of a job until the slate is wiped clean. No easy task.....but we can do this.

3. More beach vacation. Simple enough........I could easily take the short drive to Ocean City, MD a few times a year......but that won't do it for me........I would much rather be in the Caribbean.

4. More music. This resolution consists of a few actions on my part. Write a couple of songs. Go to a few more concerts such as a Todd Rundgren concert. More Uncle Murray Band.....hehehe.

5. Cut the hair. Yes.....cut the hair. I have grown it for quite some time and while it may have become my standard to have long hair, I did grow it ridiculously long for a reason and that reason was to donate it to Locks Of Love for cancer patients.

Okay.......not so bad.....only five resolutions.........I do have more, but why be whole hog about it?....hehehe.

The other day I recieved an email which had the following picture:

The email was as follows..........

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul , Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning last November's Presidential election:

* Number of States won by: Obama: 19 McCain: 29
* Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 McCain: 2,427,000
* Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million McCain: 143 million
* Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Obama: 13.2 McCain: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory McCain won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country.


Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low income tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."


Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegals and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.


Apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment