Monday, January 18, 2010

Las Vegas - Bellagio

The downside of a trip to Las Vegas from Baltimore is the long flight and the hassles with airport nonsense. Sure.....I can complain about the TSA security stuff........but.......my biggest peeve of all is that, so far, whenever I book a flight from or to Baltimore, they always manage to make me walk to the farthest gate for departure.......and whenever I arrive back home, I am always dumped off at the farthest gate. I have a problem with that. At least some of the other airports have some moving sidewalks to help you out........but not Baltimore. This kind of crap sours you before your trip and throws more of the same upon your return. The weather in Vegas was like Spring........and that was a blessing. Everything went smoothly......no lost baggage.......no delays.....the airports were not overly crowded......and our pre-arranged transport to the hotel was friendly and prompt. The Bellagio staff were very friendly and helpful and in short time we were in our room on the 19th floor.

The first thing I did was pull the drapes back and look to see what kind of view we had. I imagine that because we had gotten a good deal it wasn't a surprise to not be able to see the fountains from our room...........but.........we really did not plan on sitting in the room and staring out of the window for a week. This view, as it was, was a rather nice view of the mountains.........not bad.

The room was pretty nice and had everything we needed.

Plenty of space............

......roomy bathroom........nice deep tub............

.............a decent "home" for a week.

The television........well..........half of the stations were some sort of oriental thing going on.


Apparently, the Chinese and other assorted orientals have invaded Las Vegas.

Everything in Las Vegas is over the top.

Before I get started about our visit to Vegas, I must mention McCarron Airport.........there is this car there........inside..........its an old Thunderbird.

I had to stop and take a few pictures of it............apparently Alamo Airways has some sort of historical significance here.


I am a sucker for the old classic cars.

Anyway.......there is one other thing about this airport................

...............slot machines. Apparently, slot machines are everywhere in Nevada.......including the airport.

Stay tuned...........more about my trip to Vegas coming up next.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment