Friday, December 04, 2009

Riviera Maya Vacation - Part Six

Wherever you go.......you should leave a mark........and we left a few marks at the Grand Palladium Resort in the Riviera Maya. There are tons of things to do at the resort and amongst some of those things happens to be at the discotheque. I was very impressed by the size and decor........and the sound system was fantastic. I had expected something cheesy but it surely wasn't. No, I do not like disco music and I surely despise disco's more recent incarnation which is nothing but rap with a disco beat............I do, however, enjoy loud music and excellent light shows. It was loud......and the lights were well done. Beside all of that, the disco happens to be where the party is at night. If you enjoy the younger crowd and want something more upbeat, this was the place to be each night.

There is a wall mural behind the bar where countless visitors have made their own marks..........permanently for all to see that they too had enjoyed themselves there. We were no exception.

Supernurse and SmileyNurse pose in front of the Chesapeake Medical Staffing "mark".

It would have been great if the entire group was with us but they were busy down in Belize. Needless to say.......the Chesapeake Medical Staffing agency was represented here.

Of course, I had to let everyone know that Signtopia was there.........and look..........the Uncle Murray Band was represented.......hehehe.

Captain Morgan did his share of leaving some marks on the wall. Baltimore rock group Buster Cherry was represented........don't know them?...........check them out on You Tube.

Captain Morgan was the lead singer for Buster Cherry.

And what's this?...........hehehe..........you had to know that the Ravens were on our minds.

Lots of people partying.......drinking.....dancing.......shouting to each other over the loud music......having a fantastic time.

Everybody was very friendly. too. As it was, I had my camera out........well......let me explain.....

........After seeing me and Captain Morgan leaving our marks on the wall behind the bar, others wanted to do the same.......and there was this contingent of young partygoers that kept running around all over the place........they signed the wall.......invaded the bar.......danced and pranced around......posed for pictures......and for some reason......wanted me to take their picture. I, of course, obliged.

I bet she was having a great time.

This gal insisted that I take this picture.......afterwards, she took my camera to review the picture and show it to all of her friends.

Before you know it, some of them get behind the bar and decide to cut to the chase and get some drinks themselves.

They posed for pictures, laughed.......drank......teased the bartenders.....even lifting them up in the air at one point........they were really enjoying the place.

Maybe this kind of thing is not your cup of tea.........that is okay.........one can always just stay in their room and watch Bewitched in Spanish. For me.......I enjoy simply watching others having a great time on their vacation. I don't dance......but I would rather sit in a discotheque and have a cerveza or two.

Feel free to ask me anything about the Grand Palladium Resort..............I will try to answer you as best that I can. I realize that I have not told you every possible thing here and that some may have questions.

Stay tuned!........there is more to come.......more beach stuff.......and the grounds.........and the entertainment.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment