Monday, November 30, 2009

Riviera Maya Vacation - Part Six

Life is what you make of things. If you just sit around like a bump on a log......well.......would you write a blog and tell everybody about your experience? Somehow I don't think so..........then again...........you can pretty much find anything on the internet.........hehehe. Me?........I try real hard to look at the bright side of things as best as I can............even though something always rears its ugly little head and enters the picture and attempts to ruin everything. In spite of all of that, I practice the "moving forward" excuse for just about everything...........you know the "moving forward" deal, don't you? You will hear every politician that happens to be a Democrat, utter those two words EVERY time you see them on tv. Also, it is practically Baltimore Mayor Sheila Dixon's daily mantra..............you know the deal.......Dixon is going through a trial for improper use of gift cards. In her "struggle" to deal with the issue, she has said repeatedly that she is "moving forward". Let's put it this way............if you are "moving forward" and have a "plan"...........you will be fine........hehehe. As I write this, the jury is still out on Dixon........you would think it was a murder trial and not a theft trial..........jeez!

Okay.......so enough about that already.........while in Mexico, the weather was about to turn for us. What started out as some pretty good skies........gradually morphed into a threatening tropical storm Ida........and weather reports were scarce................oh well.........since we were "moving forward", then that weather system would have to keep "moving forward" its own self and keep its track to the east of Quintana Roo.

I would be remiss if I had not mentioned the staff at the Grand Palladium Resort. Everybody that I encountered was friendly, smiling, helpful, and skilled at their jobs. This is a huge part of your vacation experience and the folks at the Grand Palladium do it right. Captain Morgan posed with the bartender at the Hemingway Bar. Sorry, I cannot remember his name......I should have written notes.............needless to say, he was fantastic.

The staff in the discotheque were all great as well...........I managed to get a few of my trademark "action photos" out of them.

Did I mention how short these people are?..........hehehe

Hey.........is that my Sprite?

I fell terrible that I cannot tell you their names........I guess that means that you will just have to go there yourselves and ask them.

There's Ricardo with one of the other entertainment managers.

I told him "raise your hands up and look upward"........and he did exactly that............see?........the staff just about does everything you ask of them.........hehehe.

I don't quite know what this gal's job was, but I believe that she is some sort of supervisor of the entertainment staff.

She follows orders too......hehehe.

And Francisco..............what can I say about him that I haven't already, except that he was the very best bartender I have ever encountered on vacation. Not only does he deserve a raise, but he deserves a promotion too...............apparently he deserved the kiss as well.........hehehe.

I didn't take pictures of every one of the staff that I encountered while at the resort........I should have.........but these are the pictures of those that paid me to take their pictures...........hehehehe......just kidding...........for some reason I didn't take very many pictures on this vacation compared to others.......maybe it was the weather.

As resorts go, there will be towel art on your bed. And we had our share of towel art. I never met our housekeeper/maid, but I did leave a tip every day for her......she did a pretty good job as far as I could tell. It's not a dinosaur.........it was an anteater.

Yep........a swan.

Huh?...............ahhhh........it was a robe and slippers.

A sting ray.

It is a nice touch.

Stay tuned for Part Seven.....much more to show and tell.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment