Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Riviera Maya Vacation - Part Three

So there I was......................at the beach................and there is nothing better that I can think of doing other than being right there..................and absorbing everything............the sun......the scent........the sound of the waves reaching the shore..........my eyes being filled with so many things to stimulate my brain...............the taste of the air..............the sand.................the sky.............and the assorted people from all walks of life. The bold.......the shy......the pleasant........the arrogant.............the beautiful and the ugly............all of these people were here.......right there on the beach...........and while I was there looking at all of them........they were there looking at me too.......................well....................I guess I stood out just a little............they couldn't miss me with the long ponytail, the ravens shirt, and those hideous sunglasses.

When we first hit the beach, I was a bit surprized to see as many people there as I did. For weeks and weeks I had been checking out the assorted pictures of the beach that were posted on the Palladium Addicts website........and from what I saw, it never looked to me that there were ever very many people on this beach or even at this resort for whatever reason.......particularly in November. I had even been frequently checking the four webcams that are on the website. The pool cams and the beach cam............same thing...........hardly any people to see. On this day.......different story. This day I am there in person to see things with my own eyes and I like it.

We positioned ourselves right about dead center of the entire coastline of the resort....located right up front where we could be seen easily by friends or family that might happen to be checking the webcam from that Palladium Addicts website. Right away, Supernurse and SmileyNurse began their mission to soak up the sun and relax. Me?...........think of me as the "eye-witness".........hehehe.
Wouldn't you want to do this everyday?..........Look at how calm the water is............simply fantabulous..............I felt like the camera being used in a Corona commercial.

While some people just relaxed on the beach, others joined the Palladium staff for water aerobics.

At he farthest point here in this picture is the area where the turtles lay eggs.

People of all shapes and sizes...............roaming about..........and having the time of their lives.

Sometimes you have to try to look away............but it is like when you are driving on the highway and there is an accident up ahead and you just gotta turn your head and look at it.............arrrrgghhhhh!............hehehehe.

The lifeguard tower is where the beach webcam is located. The sign marks the ideal spot to wave at the camera. This was our view to the south from our spot on the beach.

A picture worth a thousand words.............and yet none of those words can even describe being there. There was trouble brewing to the south and we didn't know it at the time...........as beautiful a sight the clouds are as they dump a curtain of water to our south.

There is more to tell and more pictures to show you.
Stay tuned for Part Four!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment