Thursday, October 22, 2009

Signtopia Expansion Pack 2.1 Has Another Birthday

This trip to Leander, Texas was loaded with necessity. Aside from the need to see my Noodle Girl, the trip was for me and Supernurse to be present and accounted for on Signtopia Expansion Pack 2.1's second birthday. There was no way we would miss that. That's me, of course, in the photo above..........sitting in a Mexican restaurant in Leander. The name of the place was Jardin Del Rey.........which may sound fancy schmancy........but it is a mom and pop kind of place.......a real down home, nitty gritty, nothing fancy, certainly not upscale, Mexican home cooking kind of place..........and it is really popular in Leander. The food was good........I had some enchiladas, but there is no question that the enchiladas that I make are far better........in fact.........the best there is. Oddly enough, we were in Texas in a Mexican restaurant........even though me and Supernurse will be in Mexico on November 1st. Go figure. I probably have seen more Mexicans in the United States in the past week, than I will see in Mexico for ten days.

This trip was all about the birthday boy. Gee.......it's hard to believe....and accept that it has been two years since Signtopia Expansion Pack 2.1 took his first breath. Damn......I must be getting old.

Here is the little guy chomping down on a birthday cupcake. Once the eating of the good stuff was out of the way, it was off to mess-making...............presents need unwrapping and..........as surely as Sheila Dixon has a plan............Pop-Pop has to assemble something.

Arrggghhh!........I could have sworn that I set down a rule that there was to be no more stuff bought that wasn't already put together. Somehow I think that it was one rule that will be ignored far beyond the years when I reach the age where someone will have to explain to me just exactly what a screwdriver is.........not to mention having to tell me who I am and why I am there and being forced to try to read instructions that make no sense.

So the deal is............I get almost finished putting this contraption together and Mr. Patience decides to jump the gun and try to take off with a major part that I need.

Hmmmm...............Hey there!..........Yo!.........Ahem!...........I wasn't finished.........yet.

Eventually.......I did finish the job..........and he was very happy with his new set of wheels. Me and Supernurse bought him his first tricycle and we were both extremely happy to have been there for this.

Expansion Pack 2.1 was busy unwrapping all of his gifts and I can tell everyone that he loves each one of the gifts that he got. It was a great birthday and I can safely say that Expansion Pack 2.1 is a very spoiled child.......hehehe.

On Sunday, it was of course Game Day and I needed to watch the Ravens game. Expansion Pack 2.1 could care less about the game...........he is all about trains and tunnels. Me and Supernurse had bought him a Ravens outfit to wear on Sundays..........not that it would help the outcome of the game.

So while Pop-Pop is busy shouting at the tv screen............Expansion Pack 2.1 has more important things to do. Drat!..............my guys lose the game with a missed field goal............Arggghhh!........Oh well..........better "foot" next time..................

Time has flown by...........and we have flown home already. I miss the little guy already.

As I mentioned before........no sooner I get home, I turn around and head off to Mexico on November 1st................and both me and Supernurse are really looking forward to a nice vacation away from everything.

Meanwhile...........I hope my dollar is worth something by the time I get to Mexico.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment