Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Hand Painted Crab Shells...........Really!


I get asked all the time if I really paint them. I also get asked if I do them all by myself. Another frequent question is "Did you have to eat all of these?" 


Well........I really DO paint them. And I do it all by myself.........although sometimes people stand there and watch me paint.


As you can see...........a halfway finished shell............


.........and the final product.


What are the most popular?.............the lighthouses............


...........and the United States Flag. Some have tried to do this one themselves..........but fail.

Come have a look at the shells this and every weekend at Northpoint Plaza Flea Market in Dundalk, MD.

Even though its been a long hot summer, it's not too early to be thinking ahead for Christmas. There is usually a high demand for my crab shells during the Christmas shopping season and I hate to disappoint anyone by not having the ones they want to buy as gifts. You should place orders sooner rather than later, It does take a bunch of time to paint them.
 

2 comments: