Thursday, August 05, 2010

What A Trip! - Part Five

We had a great Fourth Of July during our visit to Tennessee...........lately, I had been spending Independence Day by myself............quietly while everyone else in the immediate family had things to do and places to go. It was nice to spend this one with a large contingency of family and that makes it special. I did manage to provide some sis-boom-bah in the form of my own copycat version of Carrabbas fantastic minestrone soup.........and everyone loved it. I am not so sure though, what they all thought about the residual effect of the soup. Let's put it this way........it cleanses your soul a few hours later.

We started the festivities by having everybody meet up for "Franklin On The Fourth" in downtown Franklin, Tennessee. Lot's of stuff going on.........and it was hot as hell........but there were some remedies around. It did not appear as crowded as I was expecting, but it was a good sized crowd that showed up. Franklin would later have a fireworks display just outside of town.........we chose to not attend that and do our own fireworks at my sister's house.

Franklin..........think Mayberry........think the Back to the Future movie........think of the area in DisneyWorld once you get past the turnstiles...........it's a different world and it doesn't resemble anything that I am familiar with back home in Baltimore.............EVERYBODY that you encounter in Franklin.........happy........kind......polite......helpful......it is just sickening.....hehehe.

And they have a sense of humor too............so our gang fit in rather nicely.

There's those people with the sunglasses....again..........from the Arrington Vineyards to Franklin on the Fourth..........they must be "somebody".

There was a stage set up in the town square (circle)...........and we ain't talkin' one of those portable pull along trailers that we would see set up for the band at the Fullerton, Maryland fireworks display. These folks do it right.

This is Kelsey Muse...........and she did a great job performing. She may become a big star one day soon................keep an eye out for her.

She is still young and has plenty of time to develop.........but I can tell you this......she is far better than you might think........very talented.

Speaking of talent.........my sister EBCBEBR is also very talented. She is a multi-instruMentalist.........which means that she can squint her eyes and guess which instrument makes which sound...........hehehehe.

I was just kidding........sort of.........my sister EBCBEBR is a member of the Williamson County Municipal Band...............and she plays the flute. That's her right there sitting in the front row. Actually, my sister not only plays the flute.......she is a classically trained pianist. She also plays drums.....guitar.......clarinet.....violin.......and God knows what else. I wish I was half as skilled as she is...........but what should I expect?........Mom was as careful as she could be when I was small and she only dropped me on my head three or four times.....or maybe it was six or seven times.

I really enjoyed getting to hear my baby sister perform in the band.......that was a first for me and I am glad to have been there to do that.

While my sister was onstage.......the next act was hanging around next to the stage area. See the woman in the white pants standing behind the guy who apparently thought I was taking HIS picture?............well.........her name is Whitney Layne. She was talking to her fans and signing autographs and selling merchandise. You can find out more about her at www.Whitneylayne.com.

She was very nice and very willing to talk to everyone and pose for a picture.




My niece Pocahontas chatted with her................Princess Fartknocker talked to her too and bought her CD.

The crowd got bigger as time passed............Country Star Lorrie Morgan would be performing after Whitney Layne.................

Everyone waited as the municipal band left the stage and the Whitney Layne band did their sound check.

Then it was show time!

She was very good.

She even acknowledged the "little red-headed girl" that she had met and asked why they hadn't come up by the stage and danced.

We did not stay for the whole show though..........but thanks to Whitney Layne......that certain little red-headed girl will go home with a memory she will probably never forget.

I found some video on You Tube about Franklin On The Fourth. I recommend that you watch it and hear some of each performer and take a tour of the sights and sounds of a great day in Tennessee..........just like being there.








Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment