Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What A Trip! - Part Six

That's me in the mirror.......taking the picture of Supernurse.

I apologize for the blogging funk I have been in. I am not a writer at all and I am easily distracted from doing the things I need to do.............heck, I am even easily distracted from the stuff I WANT to do also.............so here is the last installment about our whirlwind Fourth Of July road trip.

Maybe you wondered if we visited any restaurants while in Tennessee......well......we did indeed. Somehow........someway.......my sister Rhoda Morgenstern manages to find some unusual places for us to go............she also had a knack for finding those places that just so happen to be the favorites of some big name stars as well.

We went to the Loveless Motel........uh....er.......Cafe.

Huh?........a motel?.........to eat?.......you got to be kidding......right?

Well..........it sure doesn't look very inviting........but it happens to be very famous and popular around these parts. There is quite a story about the history of this place and just about everybody who is anybody has eaten here. I have a relative who once stayed here when it was still a motel.......and even then it was legendary. Every star you can imagine......country stars, rock stars......movie stars........politicians.......television stars......all seem to find their way to the Loveless Cafe.
www.lovelesscafe.com

The walls are covered with autographed photos of the famous people who have dined here. Some came just for the biscuits that they serve.

Even Miley Cyrus has been here.

And now WE have been there. I didn't see any celebrities while we were there but supposedly financial guru Dave Ramsey was there in another room. The food was great but I didn't eat anything that I could actually say was the best I had ever had. I CAN say that it was like home cooking except this home was once a motel.

We also went to a gas station/grocery/restaurant place called the Henpeck Market.
I suppose you can imagine how Cracker Barrel started by visiting this kind of place. Apparently the Henpeck Market is also rather popular and famous. I ordered the catfish platter.......and yeah it was good.

In a way it was like sitting in front of the milk and soda cooler at the 7-11...........but here, they have the honor system in place..........you want a drink with your food?.....pick something out of the cooler......drink it.....throw the empty away......and then head to the cashier and tell them what you had. Imagine trying to do THAT in a 7-11 store.




There was also an upstairs shop above what you see in this photo.

Another place we had a meal was the Catfish Campus in Columbia...............I love catfish!

Well........that's about it.........sure I could write about other things we did........but I hope this gives you at least a little idea of what my road trip was like...........otherwise......maybe you should go along with me next time.......or maybe even take a trip like this yourselves.

Remember.........Nothing ventured........Nothing gained.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment