Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Looking Back At Father's Day

Okay, so I have been slacking a bit and not keeping things up to date here on the blog.....so shoot me and stuff me in a bag..........it's not like I had nothing to do all of this time. I will try to play catch-up and get with the program here.........first on the agenda.........Father's Day. I had a great time on Father's Day this year. The family got together and we ate steamed crabs at my daughter's house. I was sitting there absorbing it all..........what could be better?..........baseball game on the radio, grandkids playing in the yard, all of my kids present and accounted for, and a few dozen steamed crabs................nothing else is needed.


It's practically a religious experience where the "godhead" is steamed crabs and Natty Boh.

You gotta love it!


I could do this every day.........all day long.



Notice the concentration...............the mesmerizing effect it has.



Don't stop until it's all gone.



What a man ought to have on Father's Day..............and THIS dude had exactly that.






Too spicy?......have another beer!

After it is all said and done..........I have another great memory embedded into my noggin. It's days like these that are the icing on the cake of life. I enjoyed every moment of it immensely and I hope to continue that trend.


Meanwhile............back to the routine..........I must point out that many people buy paintings to hang on their walls.......and while those paintings are nice, they always stay the same........every time you look up at them....it's the same old, same old. But when you look at God's artwork, it is always changing.......and always different...........and it doesn't cost a dime.

No comments:

Post a Comment