Sunday, March 29, 2009

It's A Hockey Thang

There I was...........freezing my beard off. Me and Supernurse were invited to watch number one son, Dash Riprock aka Todd Ovechkin, attend hockey practice at Ice World. Did I mention how cold it is at Ice World?


Better them than me.........my days of activities of reckless abandon are over and done with.....for the most part. These days, I get to sit on the sidelines and wince and cringe as my son is enjoying flying down the ice chasing people with sticks. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy hockey........but this can be a bit nerve racking with your own son on the ice.

I always told my sons to try things out and see if they like it. If they never tried....they might regret not ever having done so when they get too old to try. Well......maybe sometimes your kids might not want to take your advice....hehehe......but seriously, I am impressed.......he has done rather well on those skates.....better than I could have done. Even Supernurse seems to be pleased........not so much in regards to his performance on the ice....but the fact that he still has his teeth and nothing is broken.

Sometimes parents of venturesome kids must do the right thing and show some attention.......even if they have to freeze their asses off doing so.

All of that being said, me and Supernurse couldn't be more proud of our kids.....each and every one of them......for many many reasons........and on this particular night......delighted to be able to see one in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment