Friday, November 28, 2008

Florida Trip Part Three

There I was.............standing in front of Cinderella's Castle at Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom. I have been here before.....a few times......when the kids were small. This time.....I am with the grandkids. Life is good.

This place is so impressive that if you cannot enjoy yourself here, then you must be a miserable snot of a person that never has a good time. As it just so happened, there was a large contingent of contestants for a beauty pageant in attendance and we would see them everywhere we went.


As I approached the castle, there was a group of them standing together......maybe they were going over some instructions from their chaperone............so I did what Ole Signtopia always seems to do..............it meant that this was a perfect opportunity for one of my infamous "action photos".......hehehe. So I walked up to them and told them to raise their hands..........and voila!

Looking up at the castle.......there is so much detail to this building. If you look closely, you can see what appears to be netting. Initially, I thought maybe it was there to keep birds off......but we later found out the real reason.

You can't take your eyes off of the castle.............except when some beauty contestants pose for an action photo.....hehehe.

My grandson, the Mayor Of Simpleton, thought he could get the sword out of its place.

It ain't gonna happen, buddy......hehehe.

Everytime I looked at the castle, it seemed to have changed.............throughout the day.

From how it looks in daylight......to how it looks in twilight..............

.........and how it looked during the fireworks...........

........and then ultimately how it looked after the Fairy Godmother lit it up so that it looked like ice crystals covering the castle. It was when this occurred that we knew the real reason for that netting. There must have been thousands of lights on that building. The photo does not do it any justice.....you would have to see this for yourself with your own eyes. I am glad I got to see this......amazing and magical.

A must see at the Magic Kingdom is the nightly Spectra Magic parade. This parade is stunning and Disney pulls out all of the stops for this one. Everybody lines up the streets......crammed like sardines.....waiting for it to begin. Oh, and by the way.........nice Christmas decorations everywhere, too.

The parade began and it was stunning. I don't know how many lights they use....but I can tell you that there are lights everywhere....on the floats......on the people........everything in the parade.

Here's Chip & Dale at the piano.

You should see the faces of people as they looked at each float approaching.

Of course, this is Ariel, the Mermaid Princess. She also happens to be one of Princess Fartknocker's favorite Disney characters. Yep........she was in the parade.

This is Ariel's parade float................amazing stuff.

.........And you gotta have Minnie Mouse in the parade.........who doesn't like this?

At the end of the day......and it was an entire day.........we got on the tram to take us back to our cars. If you have ever been here, you know what this is like.

I have some more to share with you about my day at the Magic Kingdom and I will write about that in the next few days.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment