Saturday, December 22, 2007

Caribbean Cruise - Part 6

We sailed into port at Charlotte-Amalie, St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands........and we would have several hours here at our disposal.

There is something mystical about the islands here. It is very beautiful.

I didn't quite know what to make of it............a shopping mall is the first thing that greets us.

And this place is mountainous. I remember trying to see if I could see roads.......and they were hidden away. We got on shore and immediately secured transportion to get us to a beach. We weren't wanting to go shopping or sightseeing.......we wanted beach. Our driver took us to a place called Magan's Bay. The ride there was a bit interesting.......very steep roadways hidden in the trees on the mountains.......it was a fairly short 30 minute jaunt to the other side of the mountain to get there. We passed by the site of Blackbeard's Castle and assorted other interesting places.

This......is Magan's Bay.........and I am loving it.

That water was very calm and warm and very clear. I spent alot of time with the Monsterchild......and looking for stuff in the water.

When I wasn't looking in the water......I was taking in the surroundings. It must be a fantastic place to live.

Think about this little fact.........THIS is United States territory! Imagine that!

Some folks chose to soak up the sun.........me?.........I soaked up the view......hehehe.
So we spent the entire day right there and it was great until we encountered a major downpour right as we got to the time we had to ride back to the ship. It had been a great day.......we enjoyed being at Magan's Bay and aside from the downpour we were not dissappointed one bit.
Once again, though, you find yourself wishing you had a bit more time to explore this place.......but we must move on. Can you imagine seeing this every day?

The sun was setting. As I stood on deck, as we set sail, I was ready with my camera..........I may never get this opportunity again and there is some serious artwork about to appear. Looking back.........St. Thomas is magical. I then turn my attention to the front of the ship and there it was!.................

........a feast for the eyes.

You want it to last forever...............but it fades away.

This alone was worth the trip.
And now we are heading to the Dominican Republic.
Stay Tuned.......Part 7 coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment