Saturday, May 12, 2007

Vegas Wedding

Sometimes you are busy, and sometimes you just don't feel like doing anything........and then there are those times when your laptop refuses to cooperate with you. All three of these may be applied as to the reason for my not posting much to this blog lately.



So there I was..........on a plane to Las Vegas. Not to gamble.........not to frolick..........but a very special occasion..........a wedding..........a quick, short, simple, and sweet wedding. NO......it wasn't ME getting married..........although I have been married twice to the same woman (Supernurse), and that's a whole 'nother story.............but it was the marriage of my Number Two Daughter (Noodle). I won't get into details too much here, so the pictures should speak for themselves.




We all stayed at the Excalibur Hotel. I had a real nice view of the Luxor Hotel next door. For what it is worth, here are a few pictures of what can be found inside the Luxor.


Pretty scarey eh?



They even have an IMAX theater in there.



It must have costed a crapload of pesos to make this hotel.




For those who have no clue about the Luxor.........the main building of their complex is a huge pyramid. Surely, some people have wondered what it must look like inside. Well.....now you know. This picture is the inside of the pyramid.........I was looking up at the ceiling.




The view from my room.



The airport is very close to the "Strip".



When is a sign not a sign?...........when it's an obelisk!




I think it is rather neat that Vegas is surrounded by mountains.



You cannot visit Vegas without a stroll along Las Vegas Boulevard. Themed hotels are the big deal. You can just about see the world in a short walk. Pyramids.......Medieval Castles.......New York........France.......Rome..........Venice..........you name it!



In Vegas....everything is BIG! The signs alone are HUGE!
The weekend that we were in Vegas, it also just so happened to be Cinco DeMayo. It also happened to be the weekend of the BIG FIGHT........Mayweather vs. De Lahoya. Needless to say.......people were there in droves.



The majority of the signs have video advertising...........and not just small screens either......some of these are HUGE!




I imagine it takes a HUGE chunk of change to actually live in one of these.




Oh.........that's right.............the wedding!
Everything went without a hitch........well.......a few minor glitches, but nothing that could not be resolved easily. This was yet another major milestone in my life...............now all of my daughters are married. My "Noodle" girl is all grown up and I have gained another son-in-law.



Now there's a nice looking couple. I must admit..........I had tears in my eyes.





Me, Noodle, Noodle's new Other Half, and the love of my life......Supernurse.
I am such a lucky guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment